Dr Brendan Tindall has a wealth of experience when it comes to wild animals. After qualifying as a vet in 1999 he went to the UK for a year where he worked in a mixed and exotic animal practice.
He then accepted a job with National Parks in Namibia and was the vet responsible for the capture and care of the animals in Etosha National Park. After his 3 year contract ended in Namibia he returned to South Africa and lived on the private section of Marakele National Park. He did private wildlife work in the Northern, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces for years before moving to the Lowveld. Here he worked for the largest rhino breeder in the country before deciding to relocate to Plettenberg Bay to buy Robberg Veterinary Clinic and start a family.
He currently works with wildlife spanning a huge area including the Eastern, Western and Northern Cape. Brendan is passionate about all wildlife especially rhino. He has worked with just about all species of large game, big cats and megaherbivores native to Southern Africa.
Wildlife Veterinary Services
- Immobilization of all wildlife species
- Specialist rhino and buffalo immobilization, disease testing and relocation
- Professional rhino dehorning services to help combat rhino poaching
- Management programs for the control of internal and external parasites in wildlife
- Animal translocation
- Genetic testing for breed certification of endangered and valuable species
- Contraceptive programs for captive elephant and large carnivore facilities
- Reproductive examinations